We're a Canadian couple in our thirties who are about to adopt our first child. We know she'll be a girl, we know she'll between the ages of 2-4 years old, and we know our carefree days of spending money on crap and sleeping in on weekends are about to be over...



Sunday, November 7, 2010

Old Mother Hubbord

With about 2 weeks left now, we are in the home stretch. It's been an experience of highs and lows, but absolutely many, many more highs thank G-d. We have really been so fortunate along the way. I know I keep repeating this like a parrot because it's true! It has been a happy and also a humbling experience, one that has changed our life more than for the obvious reason. And I'm so pleased that I've been able to share it all with you.

I intend to keep doing updates even when we get home, mainly because that's when the real parenting of an adopted child will come in, and my wish is that if I can provide some sort of information that would perhaps cause someone else to consider this way of expanding their own family by adoption, it will all be worth it.

If you have enjoyed this small slice into this crazy world, and you feel like you'd like to make a contribution towards our adoption journey, we have a Paypal account that has become a bit of a lifeline for us. And mortifyingly, after what will be 12 weeks here by the time we can finally go home, we are in need a bit of a miracle. How's that for humbling? Yikes.

thecosmicangel@hotmail.com

1 comment:

  1. very humbling. I admire your courage for asking for help.

    ReplyDelete